Thursday, June 30, 2011

Going Back To Diane Rehm Show

Yesterday I received a gracious call from the producer of the Diane Rehm show.  She called to apologize for two reasons.

First, my phone line and apparently other phone lines at the show went dead with about 5 minutes of the show left.  I had no idea why the line went dead but I did not hang up, to answer a question some listeners asked me by e-mail.  A few further said that I should have.

I received many messages complaining about the show and copies of some emails that some listeners had sent to the show, expressing their displeasure at the clear imbalance in the discussion. I had not complained to the show, though I appreciate the support of so many listeners.

The producer also expressed regret for how the show went and recognized that I had not been given equal opportunity to speak or respond to statements such as gas is as dirty as coal made by another guest.

The producer asked if I would appear on the show again. I said that I would be glad to do so.  No date has been set.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Concerned ScientistJune 30, 2011 at 8:39 AM

    I read the comments at the Diane Rehm Show blog and about half of them were complaints about the way you were treated. So the people who wrote those comments may really have helped in this case. Some of the other comments sounded truly insane. It's worth a look to see where some of these people are coming from.

    The anger that seeps through their words is a bit scary at times. It becomes clear that this is about far more than shale gas for some of these people.

    ReplyDelete